M, b. 31 January 1908, d. 19 June 1926
- Father*: Christian Svendsen b. 12 Mar 1876, d. Dec 1963
- Mother*: Emelia Thiera Nelson b. 25 Sep 1876, d. a 30 Jul 1930
- Birth*: Valdemar Svendsen was born on 31 January 1908 at Dodge County, MN, USA.1
- Graduation*: He was graduated on 9 June 1926 at Carruthurs, CA, USA.1
- Death*: He died on 19 June 1926 at Fresno, CA, USA, at age 18.1,2
- ObituaryText: Valdemar Svendsen dies in California. Was a former Kasson resident and passed away suddenly. Valdemar Svendsen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Chris Svendsen, Caruthers, Cal. died unexpectedly on Saturday, June 19th, 1926, while visiting in the city of Fresno, in company with his parents and brother. Valdemar felt as well as usual in the morning, also in the forenoon while shopping together with his parents and brother. He partook of a hearty lunch and then left for the office of a physician, where he was able to take some treatments for asthma. After having waited a while in the office he became suddenly ill. The doctor who was to treat him and others were called in and everything possible was done to save his life, but it seemed of no effect. By order of the physician, he was taken by the Fresno emergency squad to the Fresno Union hospital where other life resuscitating methods were used but of no avail. The physcians gave as the death cause, heart failure and
complications from asthma. Valdemar was born in Dodge County, Minn. Jan 31st, 1908 and as death came June 19th, 1926, he became 18 years, 4 months and 18 days of age. He moved with his parents to California in 1920, soon settling down on a farm near Carruthers, Calif. He obtained most of his common school education in Minnesota. On June 9th this year, he graduated from the Carruthers Union High School. Valdemar was a faithful and honored member of the First Danish Baptist church of Selma, Calif., and always willingly helped to share the responsibilities and carry the burdens. He is survived by his father and mother, and one brother, Wilford. The funeral took place June 24th at 10 a.m. from the above mentioned church, the pastor, Rev. Janus P. Petersen in charge and Rev. Van Surkom and Rev. J.A. Fridell of Caruthers[sic].1
- Burial*: He was buried after 19 June 1926 at Selma, Fresno County, CA, USA; Plot: Section C, Row 9.3
- Charts: Steven Hansen Pedigree
- Marriage*: Mother Hanson married Thor Hanson.
Anna Johana Nielson1
F, b. 19 November 1872, d. 18 April 1893
- Birth*: Anna Johana Nielson was born on 19 November 1872.1
- Marriage*: She married Nels Skow Jensen in 1888.1
- Death*: Anna Johana Nielson died on 18 April 1893 at age 20.1
Family: Nels Skow Jensen b. 30 Nov 1863, d. 29 Oct 1932
- [S473] Unknown, "Descendents of Neils Jensen", document held by Alvina Hansen.
Emelia Thiera Nelson1
F, b. 25 September 1876, d. after 30 July 1930
- Father*: Frederick Nelson b. 5 Mar 1838, d. 28 Feb 1911
- Birth*: Emelia Thiera Nelson was born on 25 September 1876 at Hayfield, Dodge County, MN, USA.2
- Marriage*: She married Christian Svendsen on 14 March 1906 at Hayfield, Dodge County, MN, USA.2
- Death: Emelia Thiera Nelson died on 30 July 1930 at Junction City, Lane County, OR, USA, at age 53.2
- ObituaryText*: Obituary of Mrs. Christian Svendsen. Died at Junction City, Ore. and was buried at Selma, Cal, where she had resided.
The following obituary of Mrs. C. C. Svendsen, who passed away at Junction City, Ore., is taken from a Junction City paper: Funeral services were held at Miller's Chapel Wednesday evening, July 30th, at 8 p.m. for Mrs. Christian Svendsen, 53, who passed away at her home east of town Monday morning after a long illness. Rev. Bryant Wilson, pastor of the Baptist church of Eugene, assisted by Rev. Baker, former pastor of the local Baptist church, conducted the services. The body, accompanied by Mr. Svendsen, son, Wilfred, and Miss Marie Nelson was sent to Selma, Cal. where futher services were held Friday morning and interment was made in the I.O. O.F. cemetery at Selma beside a son. Emelia T. Nelson was born at Hayfield, Minn., Sept. 25th 1876, where she grew to womanhood. She married Christian Svendsen at Hayfield March 14th, 1906. About 10 years ago they moved to Selma, Cal. where they lived until two years ago, when they came to Junction City. One son, Valdemar Svendsen passed away. Mrs. Svendsen was a member of the Baptist church of Eugene and was a woman has was faithful in her belief. She was a good wife, mother and neighbor and leaves many friends who will grieve at her passing. She has been in poor health for a long time and been bedfast for several weeks. She is survived by her husband, Christian Svendsen, one son, Wilford; three sisters; Mrs. J.G. Hansen, Kasson, Minn; Mrs. F.T. THimsen, Blooming Prairie, Minn. and Miss Marie Nelson, of Los Gatos, Cal; also a number of nieces and nephews.3
- Burial*: She was buried after 30 July 1930 at Selma, Fresno County, CA, USA.1
Family: Christian Svendsen b. 12 Mar 1876, d. Dec 1963
Harvey Walter Griese
M, b. 7 May 1885, d. 30 June 1945
- Marriage Fact*: Never married.1
- Misc*: Harvey Walter Griese was father August Griese born Germany, mother: Augusta Griese born Germany.
- MilitaryService*: No military service.1
- Birth*: He was born on 7 May 1885 at Lamberton, Redwood County, MN, USAG.1
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of Albert Alfred Reinhardt Gode and Hulda Louisa Kissner on 19 April 1905 at Sleepy Eye, Brown County, MN, USAG; On Wednesday, April 19th at the German Evangelical Church, by Rev. Otto Schultz, Albert Goede of Lamberton to Miss Hulda Kissner of Prairieville. The ceremony was performed at two o'clock, the large church being comfortably filled with friends and relatives of the two young people. The newly wedded couple were attended by Wm. Kissner, Clara Goede, Harry Griese and Elinor Kissner. At the conclusion of the ceremony the young couple was given a reception at the home of the bride's parents, three miles north of town. Over one hundred invited guests were present. Mr and Mrs Goede were recipients of many valuable and useful presents from their many friends. The groom is a son of Mr and Mrs John Goede of Lamberton and a young man of high character and standing where he resides. His bride is well and favorably known here as a young lady of many amiable qualities and her many friends in Sleepy Eye join in wishing her as well as her husband a most happy and prosperous life. Among the friends and relatives from other places who were present were: Mr and Mrs John Goede, parents of the groom, Mr and Mrs Wm Goede, Mrs John Werner, Mrs A Griese, Ed Goede, George, Otto and Emil Werner, Louis Kissner, Herman Juhlke, Laura, Gerth and Charles Oleman all of Lamberton; Fred Juhlke and wife of Morgan. The newly married couple will make their home on a farm near Lamberton.2,3Back row: William Kissner, Clara Gode Wagner, Harvey Griese, Ella Hermbring? Front row: Albert Gode, Hulda Kissner, 1905 wedding day.
- Occupation*: Farmer in 1945.1
- Death*: Harvey Walter Griese died on 30 June 1945 at Lamberton, Redwood County, MN, USAG, at age 60.1
- CauseDeath: Noted as acute circulatory failure 2 1/2 hours due to coronary occlusion undetermined.1
- Burial*: He was buried on 5 July 1945 at Lamberton, Redwood County, MN, USAG.1
- ObituaryText: Harvey Kriese [sic], well known Lamberton township farmer, died suddenly Saturday forenoon June 30 at his home southeast of Lamberton. Funeral services were conducted at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the home and at the Germantown Evangelical church at 2:00. Burial was in the Lamberton cemetery. Born May 7, 1885 in this community he had lived his entire life on the Griese homstead, with his sister and two brothers. He was a director of the church choir for over 25 years besides being a class leader, and chairman of parsonage committee. He was a member of the Lamberton creamery board, the triple A and clerk of the Lamberton township board. He leaves two sisters, Mrs. Arthur Olson of New Ulm, Alice at home, two brothers, Clarence and Ernest, four nephews and an uncle. His parents passed away.4
Converse C "Perry" Madison
M, d. 1972
- Marriage*: Converse C "Perry" Madison married Naomi Caroline Jensen in May 1946.1
- Death*: Converse C "Perry" Madison died in 1972.1
Family: Naomi Caroline Jensen b. 11 Jul 1903, d. 24 Feb 1998
M, b. 5 March 1838, d. 28 February 1911
- Occupation*: Owner Nelson's hardware store at Hayfield, Dodge County, MN, USA.
- Birth*: Frederick Nelson was born on 5 March 1838 at Lolland, Denmark.1,2
- Occupation: Farmer in 1911.2
- CauseDeath: Noted as Broncho Pneumonia, 8 days. Contributory Gastric carcinoma, 8 mo.2
- Death: He died on 15 February 1911 at Ashland Twp, Dodge County, MN, USA, at age 72.1,2
- Burial*: He was buried on 18 February 1911 at Kasson, Dodge County, MN, USA.3
- ObituaryText*: At his home in Ashland township, Frederick nelson departed this life Feb. 15, 1911. Mr. Nelson was born in Loland, Denmark, March 5th, 1838. He was united in marriage to Marie Nelson Feb. 25, 1865. Two years later they emigrated to American, locating in Ashland, Dodge county, which has been their home until the present time. There were nine children born to them; five of whom with their mother remain to mourn the loss of a kind father and loving husband. The children now living are Nels Nelson, Hayfield; Mrs. Christian Svendsen, Hayfield; Mrs. Fred Thimsen, Blooming Prairie; Mrs. J. G. Hanson, Kasson, Miss Marie Nelson. Of the four nonliving children three died in infancy, but on-a son-grew up and prepared himself for the Christian ministry. He was permitted to give only a few years to the work when death cut short what promised to be a very useful career. Mr. Nelson was converted and united with the Danish Baptist church of Kasson about thirty years ago. He continued a member of that church till it was merged with the English speaking church, when he became a member of the new organization and so continued till his death. He was a devoted Christian man. For many year he conducted Sunday school in the school house of the neighbordhood, and at times when no minister could be secured he would be asked to conduct services at funerals. As a neighbor and citizen he was held in high esteem. The funeral servicew were held on Saturday, Feb. 18. A short service was held at the home at 9 a.m. at which a large number of the neighbors were present. Then a more formal service at the church in Kasson at 1 o'clock, which was also largely attended. His body was laid to rest in Maple Grove Cemetery, Kasson.1
- Nels F Nelson1 b. a Mar 1865, d. 2 Mar 1914
- (?) Nelson1 b. a Mar 1865, d. b 1911
- unknown Nelson1 b. a Mar 1865, d. b 1911
- unknown Nelson1 b. a Mar 1865, d. b 1911
- Alvilda Dagmar Nelson b. 30 Jul 1872, d. 19 May 1943
- Marie Nelson b. c 1876, d. a 1911
- unknown Nelson b. c 1876, d. a 1911
- J P Nelson b. c 1876, d. 19 Nov 1904
- Emelia Thiera Nelson+ b. 25 Sep 1876, d. a 30 Jul 1930
F, b. 9 August 1913, d. 10 June 2010
- Birth*: Wilma Mays was born on 9 August 1913 at Junction City, Lane County, OR, USA.
- Marriage*: She married Wilfred O Svendsen on 20 April 1935 at Junction City, Lane County, OR, USA.
- Marriage*: Wilma Mays married Harlan Boots after 1984.
- CauseDeath: Noted as pancreatic cancer.
- Death*: Wilma Mays died on 10 June 2010 at Oakridge, Lane County, OR, USA, at age 96.1
- Burial*: She was buried after 10 June 2010 at Oakridge, Lane County, OR, USA.2
- ObituaryText: Wilma Boots
OAKRIDGE — Wilma Svendsen Boots of Oakridge died June 13 of pancreatic cancer. She was 96. A service is planned for a later date.
She was born Aug. 9, 1913, in Junction City to Ivan Mays and Lucille Kimball Vance. She married Wilfred Svendsen on April 20, 1935, in Eugene. He died in 1984.
She was a homemaker and co-owner of a hardware store.
Survivors include a son, Charles of Oakridge; a brother, Leonard Vance of Westfir; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Her second husband, Harlan Boots, a son, Richard, and a grandson, Brandon, all died previously.
Arrangements by Oakridge Chapel of the Woods. Remembrances to Hospice of Sacred Heart or the American Cancer Society.1
Family 1: Wilfred O Svendsen b. 9 Nov 1909, d. 8 Jul 1984
Family 2: Harlan Boots d. 1994
M, b. 18 May 1944
- Father*: Wilfred O Svendsen b. 9 Nov 1909, d. 8 Jul 1984
- Mother*: Wilma Mays b. 9 Aug 1913, d. 10 Jun 2010
- Birth*: Charles Svendsen was born on 18 May 1944 at Eugene, Lane County, OR, USA.
Richard Alan Svendsen
M, b. 19 February 1936, d. 14 March 2006
- Father*: Wilfred O Svendsen b. 9 Nov 1909, d. 8 Jul 1984
- Mother*: Wilma Mays b. 9 Aug 1913, d. 10 Jun 2010
- Birth*: Richard Alan Svendsen was born on 19 February 1936 at Junction City, Lane County, OR, USA.
- CauseDeath: Noted as cancer.
- Death*: He died on 14 March 2006 at Oakridge, Lane County, OR, USA, at age 70.1
- ObituaryText: OAKRIDGE - A memorial service will be held March 25 for Richard A. "Dick" Svendsen of Oakridge, who died March 14 of cancer. He was 70.
Svendsen was born Feb. 19, 1936, in Junction City, to Wilfred and Wilma Mays Svendsen. He and his wife, Nancy Ann, were married May 12, 1962, in Goldendale, Wash.
A lifelong resident of Lane County, Svendsen served in the National Guard for 10 years. He worked in the plywood industry for 30 years.
He enjoyed coin collecting, sightseeing, sporting events and politics.
Survivors include his wife; his mother, Wilma Boots of Oakridge; two daughters, Cheryl McLean of Oakridge and Karen Long of McMinnville; a brother, Charles of Oakridge; and four grandchildren.
The March 25 service will be held at 11 a.m. at the Oakridge United Methodist Church. Oakridge Chapel of the Woods Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Register Guard Mar 18 2006.1
- Burial*: He was buried after 14 March 2006 at Oakridge, Lane County, OR, USA.2
M, b. 30 May 1891, d. 1 June 1891
August Herman Quade1
M, b. 7 November 1897, d. 10 April 1898
- Father*: Frederich/Fredrick C Quade b. 14 Dec 1856, d. 30 Sep 1928
- Mother*: Augusta Wilhelmina Engler b. 4 Feb 1874, d. 5 Oct 1914
Robert Adolph Quade1
M, b. 29 August 1898, d. between 10 April 1898 and 26 September 1898
Johann Martin Conrad1
M, b. 15 March 1891, d. 17 November 1903
Edmund August Conrad1
M, b. 22 April 1904, d. 31 May 1905
Flore Elise Pauline Quade1
F, b. 30 March 1908, d. 17 June 1908
F, d. 7 October 1914
- Birth*: Augusta Quade was born at Germany.1
- CauseDeath: Noted as paris green poisoning (once a popular pigment used in artists' paints or as an insecticide.)1
- Death*: She died on 7 October 1914 at Cottonwood County, MN, USA.1
- Burial*: She was buried after 7 October 1914 at Jeffers, Cottonwood County, MN, USA.1
M, b. circa 1898, d. 5 June 1917
- Father*: Frederich/Fredrick C Quade2 b. 14 Dec 1856, d. 30 Sep 1928
- Mother*: Augusta Wilhelmina Engler2 b. 4 Feb 1874, d. 5 Oct 1914
- Name Variation: Henry Quade was also known as Henrich Frederick Quade.2
- Birth*: He was born circa 1898 at Cottonwood County, MN, USA.1
- CauseDeath: Noted as typhoid fever.3
- Death*: He died on 5 June 1917 at Cottonwood County, MN, USA.1
- Burial*: He was buried after 5 June 1917 at Jeffers, Cottonwood County, MN, USAG.1,4