William Mikel Fields1
M, b. 22 April 1976, d. 28 June 2008
- Birth*: William Mikel Fields was born on 22 April 1976 at Rochester, Olmsted County, MN, USA.2
- Death*: He died on 28 June 2008 at Zumbro Falls, Wabasha County, MN, USA, at age 32.1,2
- ObituaryText: A memorial service for William M. Fields will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Pleasant Corners United Methodist Church in rural Kasson; the Rev. Karen Seavey will officiate. Interment will be in Evergreen Cemetery, Mantorville, with Wells-Peterson American Legion Post 394 of Dodge Center providing military rites.
Mr. Fields, 32, of Mantorville, died Saturday (June 28, 2008) in Zumbro Falls, following a lengthy battle with bipolar disorder.
William Mikel Fields was born April 22, 1976, in Rochester. He was a 1994 graduate of Kasson-Mantorville High School. He served in the Army from 1994 to 1997, and graduated from Winona State University in 2005 with a degree in computer science. He was employed by IBM Rochester as a computer programmer.
On Dec. 22, 2001, he married Melinda Skogen at Pleasant Corners United Methodist Church. He enjoyed running, biking, and refurbishing old computers, and was a member of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. He was a proud father and enjoyed doing things with his daughters.
Mr. Fields is survived by his wife and two daughters, Bailey and Arabella of Mantorville; his father, Mikel of Hayfield; his mother, Donna Iverson of Cass Lake, Minn; and a sister, Leanne Greenslade of Faribault, Minn. Other survivors include an uncle, David Stofferahn of Rochester; and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by a grandfather, LeRoy Stofferahn; and a grandmother, Luella Fields.
Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Czaplewski Family Funeral Home in Dodge Center, and an hour before the service Thursday at the church.3
- Burial*: He was buried after 28 June 2008 at Mantorville, Dodge County, MN, USAG.1
Wilfred O Svendsen
M, b. 9 November 1909, d. 8 July 1984
- Father*: Christian Svendsen b. 12 Mar 1876, d. Dec 1963
- Mother*: Emelia Thiera Nelson b. 25 Sep 1876, d. a 30 Jul 1930
- Birth*: Wilfred O Svendsen was born on 9 November 1909 at Hayfield, Dodge County, MN, USA.
- Marriage*: He married Wilma Mays on 20 April 1935 at Junction City, Lane County, OR, USA.
- Death*: Wilfred O Svendsen died on 8 July 1984 at Oakridge, Lane County, OR, USA, at age 74.
- ObituaryText: Svendsen, Wilfred O., 74, of 47725 Ferry Glen Drive, Oakridge, died July 8, 1984 at his home. Wilfred was born at Hayfield, Minnesota to Christian Svendsen and Thiera Nelson Svendsen. He moved with his parents to Selma, California at the age of 10. His family moved to Junction City in 1927. Wilfred worked as a Warehouseman for the Eugene Fruit Growers Association, now Agripac, at Junction City for 18 years. On April 20, 1935, Wilfred and Wilma Mays were united in marriage. They lived in Junction City until 1947 when they moved to Oakridge, where they started the Coast to Coast store. They sold the store in 1972 after being in business for 25 years. Wilfred served for several years on the Oakridge Council. He was a member of the Lions Club and held badge No. 2 in the Oakridge Volunteer Fire Department. He belonged to the Masonic Lodge No. 205 AF&AM and the Oakridge I.O.O.F Lodge. He liked hunting and fishing and watching all of the school sports. He loved to talk to everyone he met. Wilfred is survived by his loving wife, Wilma Svendsen of Oakridge, two sons: Richard and Nancy Svendsen and Charles Svendsen; two granddaughters: Cheryl and Karen Svendsen, all of Oakridge. Friends are invited to attend funeral services on Wednesday, July 11, 1984 at 11 am at the Oakridge Funeral Home. Reverend Ted Jones officiating. Private family committal will follow at Forest Vale Memorial Park. Oakridge. Memorial contributions are preferred to be made to the Oakridge Teachers Scholarship Fund in his honor. Oakridge Funeral Home, Directors.1
- Burial*: He was buried after 8 July 1984 at Oakridge, Lane County, OR, USA.2