Viola Mildred Kissner1
F, b. 26 April 1908, d. 29 April 2012
- Father*: Frederick Louis Kissner1 b. 25 Dec 1872, d. 14 Dec 1963
- Mother*: Anna Margaret Marti1 d. b 2012
- Marriage*: Viola Mildred Kissner married Reuel Dickman Reif.1
- Birth*: Viola Mildred Kissner was born on 26 April 1908 at Lamberton, Redwood County, MN, USA.1
- Education*: She was educated on 25 October 1923; Had a standing of 90 percent or better in at least three subjects to be on the honor roll for the first six weeks of class.
- Death*: She died on 29 April 2012 at Baptist Home, Bismarck, Burleigh County, ND, USA, at age 104.1
- Burial*: She was buried after 29 April 2012 at Bismarck, Burleigh County, ND, USA.1
- ObituaryText: Viola Reif, 104, formerly of New Salem, died April, 29, 2012 at the Baptist Home in Bismarck.
Cremation has taken place and a funeral service will be held at 11:00 am on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at Buehler-Larson Funeral Home, Mandan, with Chaplain Clyde Zimbelman officiating. Private family burial will be at Fairview Cemetery. The family will greet friends one hour prior to the service at the funeral home on Saturday.
Viola was born April 26, 1908 at her family's home near Lamberton, Minnesota to Louis and Anna (Marti) Kissner. She attended grade school in Cottonwood County and graduated from Lamberton High School in 1926. In 1929 she graduated from Bismarck School of Nursing and worked for one year as a private duty nurse in Bismarck and Mandan. On June 6, 1931 Viola married Reuel Reif at her family home in Minnesota and they lived in Cheyenne, WY for one year. Viola taught Red Cross Home Nursing classes in Morton County in 1956. She was a member of a women's singing group in the 1950's. Viola helped organize the New Salem Nurses Club in 1963. From 1962 to 1965 she was the camp duty nurse at Pilgrim Park at Lake Metigoshe during the summer. Viola also taught nurse's aide classes in the Bismarck Hospital for 12 years, retiring in 1965. Viola was a lifetime member of the New Salem Historical Society, a charter member of Elm Crest Auxiliary and Pioneer Club, a volunteer for senior citizen blood pressure checks and blood bank, winner in the "yard of the week" contest in 1979, and a member of First Presbyterian Church Women's guild. Viola liked to sew, read, crochet, knit, and garden. She made over 100 afghans, plus countless mittens, socks, caps, and sweaters for her family and friends. Viola enjoyed relating life experiences in rhyme and wrote many poems.
Blessed to have shared her life are two daughters, Frances (Don) Laschkewitsch, Bismarck and Nancy (Jim) Klusman, Lafayette, IN; five grandchildren, David (Lori) Laschkewitsch, Bismarck, Julie (Mark) Beczkalo and Michael (Renae) Laschkewitsch, all of Grand Forks, Paul Klusman, Wichita, KS, and Heidi (Brad) Harner, Lafayette, IN; and seven great grandchildren.
Viola was preceded in death by her husband, Reuel in 1973; her parents; three sisters; and two brothers.
Memorials are preferred to an organization of the donors choice.1
Family: Reuel Dickman Reif b. 1904, d. 1973
Reuel Dickman Reif1
M, b. 1904, d. 1973
- Marriage*: Reuel Dickman Reif married Viola Mildred Kissner.1
- Birth*: Reuel Dickman Reif was born in 1904.1
- Death*: He died in 1973.1
Family: Viola Mildred Kissner b. 26 Apr 1908, d. 29 Apr 2012
F, b. 19 July 1810, d. 20 March 1882
- Birth*: Elizabeth Schmehl was born on 19 July 1810.1
- Marriage*: She married Wilhelm Koch on 17 November 1831.1,2
- Death*: Elizabeth Schmehl died on 20 March 1882 at age 71.1
- Burial*: She was buried after 20 March 1882 at Molltown, Berks County, PA, USA.2
Family: Wilhelm Koch b. 12 Aug 1797, d. 27 Apr 1875
F, b. 18 June 1798, d. 1 September 1885
- Birth*: Elisabeth Reifsnyder was born on 18 June 1798 at PA, USA.1
- Marriage*: She married Isaac Koch on 16 June 1818.1,2
- Death*: Elisabeth Reifsnyder died on 1 September 1885 at Berks County, PA, USA, at age 87.1
- Burial*: She was buried after 1 September 1885 at Fleetwood, Berks County, PA, USA.1
Family: Isaac Koch b. 2 Dec 1799, d. 2 Dec 1882
- William Koch2 b. 10 Oct 1818
- Mary Koch2 b. 22 Jun 1822, d. 10 Jun 1903
- Catharine Koch2 b. 23 Mar 1825, d. 9 Apr 1825
- Abraham Koch2 b. 8 Apr 1826, d. 2 Aug 1907
- Elizabeth Koch2 b. 14 Oct 1828, d. 18 May 1913
- Issac Koch b. 31 Jan 1831, d. 2 Aug 1907
- John Peter Koch2 b. 8 Jul 1831
- Susanna Koch b. 20 Dec 1835
- David Koch b. 24 Feb 1840
- Sophia Koch2 b. 12 Jun 1840
- Daniel Fredereck Koch2 b. 29 Nov 1840
F, b. 3 February 1808, d. 30 October 1847
- Birth*: Hanna Schmehl was born on 3 February 1808.1
- Marriage*: She married Jacob Koch on 7 May 1828 at PA, USA.1
- Death*: Hanna Schmehl died on 30 October 1847 at Berks County, PA, USA, at age 39.1