Waldo Ray Sine1
M, b. 21 June 1933, d. 20 August 2013
- Father*: Charles Sine1 b. 15 May 1898, d. 10 Nov 1966
- Mother*: Florence E Sutherland1 b. 16 Mar 1901, d. 22 Dec 1936
- MilitaryService*: Served in the US Army in Germany during the Korean War.2
- Occupation*: He was well known as the parts guy for several area dealerships, including Vernon Thomas in Richwood, Trenor Motors and Brandeberry Chrysler, both in Urbana. He retired from NAPA, where he worked in outside sales. Following retirement, he worked at Urbana Country Club for twelve years.2
- Birth*: Waldo Ray Sine was born on 21 June 1933 at Byhalia, Union County, OH, USA.1
- Education*: He was educated in 1952 at Byhalia, Union County, OH, USA; graduated Byhalia High School.2
- Residence*: He lived in August 2013 at Urbana, Champaign County, OH, USA.
- Death*: He died on 20 August 2013 at age 80.
- ObituaryText: Waldo Ray Sine, age 80 of Urbana, formerly of Richwood, died peacefully, Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at home. He was born June 21, 1933 in Byhalia to the late Charles and Florence (Sutherland) Sine.
On August 27, 1966 he married the former Mary Ann Styer in Marion, and she survives.
A 1952 graduate of Byhalia High School, he served in the U. S. Army in Germany during the Korean Conflict. He was a member of American Legion Baccarat Post 40. Ray had worked at Goodyear, and was well known as the parts guy for several area dealerships, including Vernon Thomas in Richwood, Trenor Motors and Brandeberry Chrysler, both in Urbana. He retired from NAPA, where he worked in outside sales. Following retirement, he worked at Urbana Country Club for twelve years.
Besides being devoted to his loving family, Ray's passions were golfing and bowling, having established numerous friendships over the years while enjoying those activities. He will be remembered for his contagious smile.
He is survived by his wife of almost 47 years, Mary Ann Sine, Urbana; two sons, Larry Lee Burris, Westerville and his three children, Aaron (Karen) Stillings, Adam David Burris and Austin David Burris; Gary (Pamela) Burris, Pittsburgh and their children, Nicolas and Christina Burris; two great-grandchildren, Kenzie Jane and Case Ian Stillings; brothers and sisters-in-law, Jim and Ruthie Parker, Bucyrus, Bob and Charlotte Styer, Marion; special cousins, Betty and Bob Salisbury, Batavia, John Hull, Richwood, and Leroy Sine, Bellefontaine. He will also be missed by the family dog, Lucky.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, Kenneth Dean Sine and Eugene Dale Sine.
Calling hours will take place on Friday, August 23, 2013 from 5 to 7 PM at the Vernon Funeral Home, 235 Miami St., Urbana, OH 43078. Public graveside services will be held Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM in the Maskill Cemetery near Claibourne with Pastor Brian Scott officiating. Military honors will be conducted by the Richwood Area Veterans. The family is being assisted by Stofcheck-Ballinger Funeral Home, Richwood.
Memorial gifts may be made to Acclaim Hospice, 7887 Washington Village Drive, Suite 135, Dayton, OH 45459 or Alternate Solutions HomeCare, 1251 E. Dorothy Lane, Kettering, OH 45419. Ray's family would like to thank these two organizations for their caring support of Ray and his family.
Condolences and remembrances may be expressed at www.stofcheck-ballinger.com - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/marionstar/obituary.aspx?pid=166549737#sthash.rOnl2YdO.dpuf.2
- Burial*: He was buried on 24 August 2013 at Taylor Township, Union County, OH, USA.2
Mabel Ruth Sickles1
F, b. 22 April 1913, d. 3 May 1983
- Birth*: Mabel Ruth Sickles was born on 22 April 1913.1
- Marriage*: She married John Russell Sutherland on 31 December 1929.1
- Death*: Mabel Ruth Sickles died on 3 May 1983 at age 70.1
- Burial*: She was buried after 3 May 1983 at Belle Center, Logan County, OH, USA.2
Family: John Russell Sutherland b. 29 May 1907, d. 2 May 1981
M, d. 3 January 1826
- Charts: Susan Hansen Pedigree
F, b. 10 September 1793
M, b. 13 October 1800
F, b. 6 June 1803
Irene Leona Radach1
F, b. 13 June 1916, d. 4 February 2007
- Father*: John Frank Radach1 b. 1 Mar 1881, d. 28 Dec 1958
- Mother*: Mary Augusta Albrecht1 b. 10 Nov 1886, d. 3 May 1941
- Birth*: Irene Leona Radach was born on 13 June 1916 at Cottonwood County, MN, USA.1
- Death*: She died on 4 February 2007 at Litchfield, Meeker County, MN, USA, at age 90.1
- [S596] James McDermott, "Email on Irene Radach," e-mail to Susan Hansen, 20 Mar 2011.
F, b. circa 1838
George Philip Rose1
M, b. circa July 1863, d. circa 24 September 1864
Julie A Savage1
F, b. 18 April 1957, d. 27 April 2011
- Birth*: Julie A Savage was born on 18 April 1957 at Marshalltown, Marshall County, IA, USA.1
- Death*: She died on 27 April 2011 at Marshalltown, Marshall County, IA, USA, at age 54.1
- ObituaryText: 1 May 20111
- [S598] Times-Republican, 1 May, 2011.
Alfred Edward Wesley Essig1
M, b. 27 May 1903, d. after 1953
- Father*: Christ Essig1 b. 13 Sep 1857, d. 29 Mar 1924
- Mother*: Emelie Friedricke Luck1 b. 30 Jan 1872, d. 21 May 1953
- Birth*: Alfred Edward Wesley Essig was born on 27 May 1903 at Germantown Twp, Cottonwood County, MN, USA.
- Death*: He died after 1953.